Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weird and Wonderful

While doing a little window shopping through the land of Etsy, I came across some items that I would classify as "weird". I thought, why not do a weekly blog posting featuring a couple of weird things, balanced by a couple of "wonderful" finds. I hope you enjoy my picks. :)

First, here's something I found particularly weird. This print of a photograph shows a female adorned with a real octopus! I can only imagine how that felt, and my thought is, it didn't feel good. I wonder if they had to photo-chop the goose bumps off of her. Euwwwwwww!


Here's something wonderful... I love this original work of art, and here, it is applied to a framed tile. (you can also  purchase a full-sized print) I find this piece both haunting and beautiful.





 Now, this piece is definitely weird, but also cute as heck. ;) I'll let it speak (or smell) for itself...

 


Finally, this piece is a little odd, but it is oh so wonderful! I want to jump into this piece and frolic along with the wonderful creatures within. It's so fun. :)

 

I hope you've enjoyed my first W&W post. Please visit the artists (the pictures are linked) and come back next week for some new choices. :)

2 comments:

tamara! said...

linda, thanks so much for choosing my sea drawing as both weird AND wonderful! i love that designation. all these picks are great. i LOVE kristen's tile and that fart machine painting. and the octopus, omg! the image is beautiful but the thought of going through that is so icky. :)

Art by Kristen Stein said...

Hi Linda! Thank you so much for featuring my collaborative work 'Spirit of Autumn Fire". Your picks are so fun! I LOVE the octopus photo. Amazing. I agree.....weird and wonderful! :) The 'farting machine' painting took me totally by surprise.

Thanks again for featuring me among such great picks!

kristen

UWIB Team Tweets

Join Spark People and get healthy!

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join the Web's Only Nutrition & Fitness Program Just For Teens! Diet