Sunday, October 25, 2009

Everything but the kitchen sink...

Now here's a girl who knows how to recycle, reuse and create! Suzanne, of Threepeats makes jewelry from recycled t-shirt yarn, vintage beads, vintage lace and anything else she can get her hands on.

Here's what she says, "I've always collected vintage jewelry but didn't wear much of it. It was too heavy, too fragile or too tacky! One summer I decided to see if I could use some of the beads and chain from broken pieces I had to create a necklace I would actually wear...one that was long, light and versatile. When I got compliments on the necklace, I started creating them as gifts for family and friends and got more compliments. threepeats was born!"

I'm glad it was! Take a look at one of her adorable pieces:



Suzanne says, "I love that I can recycle old things that people no longer wear into new things that are usable and affordable."

 

"Everything is designed to be long, light, easy-to-wear and affordable and each piece is UNIQUE!"

 

Her jewelry IS unique and very inexpensive, and so fun!

You can visit her Etsy shop at http://threepeats.etsy.com/, Twitter Threepeats at www.twitter.com/threepeats or check out her blog at http://threepeats.blogspot.com/.




4 comments:

FashionTouch - Cool Knits for Moms and Kids (and Photo Props:)) said...

It is indeed fun creations! Thank you for sharing this artist's work with us!

Suzanne@threepeats said...

Thank you for the post and the publicity! I enjoyed seeing which items from my shop you chose to spotlight!

Unknown said...

I really like the pieces with the t-shirt yarn, and the one in tones of brown is my fav. :)

Anonymous said...

Great article - love the threepeats creations. rita w

UWIB Team Tweets

Join Spark People and get healthy!

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join the Web's Only Nutrition & Fitness Program Just For Teens! Diet